Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #351
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Rudy,

    Take this the right way...

    Don't think too much, when
    you are doing Latin.

    My suggestion.

    You want to try another, Rudy?

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 01, 2004 11:40 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  2. #352
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Earlier in the thread, Tombo said:
    Peter,
    I also started to play along Oiga mi guaguanco. What a great and challenging arrangement isn't it? Good job at yours!
    I try (I said TRY) to keep a left foot clave throughout the kicks !
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tombo, I really want to hear this!

    www.thediametrixletter.com/olgamiguaganco8.mp3

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 05, 2004 01:01 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  3. #353
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK. Here's the next arrangement by
    Conexion Latina, from way back in
    1987! Wow!

    Alex Sanguinetti worked with the
    trumpeter.

    www.thediametrixletter.com/asieslavida5.mp3

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 26, 2004 08:29 AM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  4. #354
    Inactive Member tombo74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    584
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Peter: [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    I think I read you already sent one of your interpretation to Eddie, am I right?
    You should also send this last one.

    You seem to have a tremendous memory for kicks. I would personnally need a chart to completely get through it...

    T

  5. #355
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, I haven't Tombo. His arrangements are just great for pulling this out of us. I am presently working on another arrangement but from Conexion Latina and from back in the 1980's, early 1990's.

    I took each section, one at a time, really listening for the horn parts. I am not a good chart reader. I do this with all of these tunes. When I can sing them, they come more naturally. It's not so much, all the kicks, but the sections that they're in. Each of them cue each other.

    I really want to hear you do it. I think you will just kill them!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  6. #356
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's another from Conexion Latina,
    and from that same release:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/temadelviento7.mp3

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 22, 2004 11:24 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  7. #357
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's the latest Conexion Latina:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/rhumbadelascajas3.mp3

    This band is on steroids...

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 23, 2004 09:36 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  8. #358
    Inactive Member Frank Sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2003
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just had to get in on this thread!! Actually, there is finally some representation of my playing that is available on the web. If you go to

    bradbischoff.net

    you will find plenty of sound samples from the Presence Of Mind CD that I am on, as well as 4 full length MP3s from a studio jam that I got a chance to do with Dean Cortez from Hiroshima/Caldera fame. There is nothing really great, but like every jam there are some fun moments. Besides, Brad is an awesome musician and great friend. You will find these tunes in the "Soundz" section of Brad's Website.

    Also, for you iTunes users, my work with Joe Marchiano is available for I guess a small price per track. His album is titled "Another Second Chance." I am on "Stand Up," "In The Midst," "Take My Life," "Take Me," and "I Will Follow." This is only for those who don't mind taking a chance on some music! The other tracks are great as well, as they feature Joe's son, Joey, who is the current drummer with a popular Christian act "Pax 217."

    I look forward to your expert comments and input. Thanks in advance. F.S.

  9. #359
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Talk about a thread that won't die, not directed at you Frank.

    Maybe we can reneame it, more me for you?

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 24, 2004 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Randy Walker ]</font>

  10. #360
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Frank,

    Solid, man!

    Cool shuffle! I like your sound!

    Tell me about your approach to
    these tunes, Frank. What happen-
    ed on them? How did it all come
    together? Tell me about your
    technique too etc..

    10,000 hits is a lot, I guess.

    We could start another YOUR STUFF
    thread, Randy. What do you think?

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 24, 2004 05:24 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •